We all enjoy taking vacations. Before you leave for your vacation you should to take several steps prior to leaving to protect the security of your home :
• Put a vacation hold on your newspaper
• Place a hold on your mail or have someone pick it up daily if delivered to your home
• Place a couple of inexpensive timers on lamps in two different rooms in your house where the lights come on and go off during night time hours where these lights can easily been seen from the street. This gives the appearance that someone is home.
• Make sure all house doors, windows and garage doors are locked and you have the keys.
• Turn your thermostats up. No need to cool an empty house.
• Tell only close friends and/or selected family members you are leaving, where you are going and where you will be staying.
These few precautionary steps should ensure you return home to a secure house. Enjoy your vacation!